Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Problem Solving

Today I was pretty tired. Nevertheless, I did do some work. I corrected some faces and I drew some new ones. I decided not to draw faces on all the characters because some of the poses I may end up redrawing. Maybe I'm just tired, but something is bothering me and I can't tell what. I notice this feeling when I don't have a clear direction of what to do next. Part of it is that I haven't kept inventory on the bust shot panels that I need to finish. So, I don't know how many I've done and how many are left. The next problem may be because I haven't worked out any new drawing elements, only faces. Redrawing old panels felt like I was moving backwards rather than making progress, and attempting to make progress by working on new panels was frustrating because I didn't have enough planning done before hand. I keep forgetting to stop my timer, which is annoying as well.

Now that I've written it out, that's exactly the problem I was having. When I'm at home I want to work on the actual comic, not on preliminary sketches. I have two options then: work on sketches (hands, bodies, backgrounds, effects, etc.) or rework the older face panels.

Recap: Take inventory and redo the old panels. Take your time and move forward when you're really ready and don't get ahead of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment