Monday, November 15, 2010

Page 24

Total completion time (today) 1:37
Total estimated time- 2:25 <--includes concept, storyboard, etc.

I can't put my finger on it, but the page balance still feels a bit off. Maybe it's the line quality. I'll explore this theory by slowly increasing the pen thickness with each page. For page 25, I'll increase the thickness from 1.07 (1.00) to 1.22 (1.25)

Solid blacks really do help the balance so I'll try to use them more and more. Plus, drawing time is cut!

A simple thing I forgot was to put the balloon in the first panel up against the corner. At the time all I was thinking was "cover up as much bad drawing as possible". This leads to my next point. A goal of mine is to be able to switch gears from one job to another. If I have to, I'll write down the job first "inking", "dialog", "balloons", etc.

For the next page, I don't have a particular time to match or beat. My only goal is to finish and record.

No comments:

Post a Comment